Triumvira is an exciting new biotechnology company whose mission is to focus on improving the lives of patients. Grounded by a deep understanding of immunology and expertise in drug development, our international team is committed to identify, develop and commercialize innovative therapies that will empower a patient’s own immune system to tackle serious and life-threatening diseases. We are now growing our research and development groups, and part of this growth includes attracting a Research Technician to join the team at our McMaster research labs in Hamilton, Ontario.
The successful candidate will be a key laboratory member and contributor in a progressive and intellectual environment. The main responsibilities of this individual will be to use their hands-on experience in the development of mammalian cell culture methods and execute cell characterization assays where needed. Familiarity with aseptic cell-based manufacturing and procedures is a plus.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented college graduate, or equivalent with two years’ experience, to contribute to bringing a new class of medicines to patients and gain valuable career experience in translational medicine. Collaboration with a highly-motivated, world-class team of scientists and engineers promises an exciting and engaging work environment for motivated, self-starting candidates.
- Participate in design and execution of in vitro experiments to support and characterize the cultivation of various primary and stable cell lines.
- Identify and determine appropriate ranges for (critical) process parameters for cell culture and downstream processing to optimize product yield and quality.
- Develop and optimize processes and systems to scale production of cell lines and derivatives.
- Analyze and document experimental data in electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the Triumvira quality management system.
- Prepare and follow standard operating procedures, batch records and other process documentation.
- Participate in IQ/OQ/PQ and related qualifications for processes and equipment in preparation for future process validations of commercial manufacturing systems.
- College diploma in a relevant field or 2+ years of extensive mammalian cell culture experience.
- Experience with and functional understanding of cell characterization methods and technologies (e.g., flow cytometry, qPCR, immunoassays, microscopy)
- Practical knowledge of experimental design (e.g., DoE).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in the English language.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and process development skills.
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell biology and assay development technologies a plus.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Careers@Triumvira.com